Bounceback is a school-based support service for young people aged 15 and 16 who are experiencing difficulties detrimental to their mental and emotional well-being.
Interviews and focus groups.
- 15 interviews conducted with members of Bounceback staff, four staff from the three schools where Bounceback was running, and seven young people who were current or past users of Bounceback.
- 23 young people took part in three focus groups, one at each school.
- Thomas M, Rothwell H, Segrott J. ‘Supporting socially and emotionally vulnerable young people in schools: an evaluation of Barnardo’s Bounceback service’ – CISHE project information document (pdf, 21Kb)
- UK Clinical Research Network project information page
- ‘Supporting socially and emotionally vulnerable young people in schools: an evaluation of Barnardo’s Bounceback service’ – Presentation at All Wales Mental Health Promotion Network 4th national conference, 2011 (Powerpoint presentation, 2.35Mb)
- Segrott J, Rothwell H, Thomas M. ‘Creating safe places: an exploratory evaluation of a school-based emotional support service’ Pastoral Care in Education 2013. doi:10.1080/02643944.2013.788062. First published online: 29 April, 2013
Wales Office for Research and Development in Health and Social Care (WORD) Social Care Small Grant Scheme