Public Involvement Training Course Summary
Course Outline: The course will provide participants with an understanding of how to involve children and young people in the design and conduct of research. The course will be split into three parts:
- The principles of and approaches to involving children and young people in research.
- Case study examples to illustrate the key approaches, what facilitates and what can hinder public involvement, and the possible impacts.
- A practical session where delegates can apply learning to develop a plan for involving children/young people in their own current research projects or research ideas.
Please note a certificate of attendance will only be issued if delegates complete all elements of the training.
Following the training, participants will be able to:
• Identify the Principles and Practice of involving children and young people in research
• Practical methods, facilitators, Barriers and the Impact of involving young people.
• How to develop strategies for researchers to involve young people.